Monday, October 15, 2007

Whay I'm convinced that God has a sense of humor

So I have been think alot lately about God and what I see him doing in my life and its pretty funny. I had been struggling alot with just truly relying on God and not seeking my worth by "proving" myself to others. So I had been praying about this, and I ended up in the hospital, partially because of overworking myself in order to gain praise form my superiors. Also, i had been far too concerned with some drama that was in my life concerning a girl. So I ended up in the hospital and it was a clear sign from God that what i deemed important was really quite trivial, and all that is important is that my life glorify his name. Also, I see now that God truly is faithfull, and his will is o so good.

So anyways fast forward to my other major concern which has been the i dea of the Church and what it should be. Alot of the people around me are heavily involved in a local house church, and as part of my internship I am required to attend this church. So I have been trying to figure out if this is right, or if what we need to fix these " mega-churches" are some kingdom minded people who are not afraid to be prophets and to go to these churches and proclaim the gospel. Anyways I expressed this to one of the elders of our house church last night and he was really cool about it and talked to me about my beliefs. About ten minutes laters another one of the elders of the Church made an announcement saying that a new house church would be forming on our side of the neighborhood, meeting at my house. This was quite a suprise to my roommates and I. But I see now that God is again showing how his plan while quite differrent than mine is meant for his glory.

S please pray for me as this House Church begins that I will be open to taking on an active role in this church, and that I will contine to be faithfull and rely on God.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Gives a new meaning to bedside baptist, wha ha ha ha ha!!