Tuesday, April 29, 2008

green and blue

Time: 10:34 AM

Books: Life of Pi (not so original, but worth it), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Convergence (by sam storms on "charismatic calvinism", and once upon a time I started Brothers Karamazov and intend on finishing it someday.

Music: the hum of air conditioning, typing, and florescent lights

Location: work. I'm typing up the state events for fall 2008. Thrilling. But I did find out that I get to make the article that I wrote for the last issue a series, so more writing experience to come.

State of Mind: content. enjoying the brilliant green leaves outside my wall of windows as the blue-sky sun dances shadows on my desk.

So, waking up next to your very best friend and love every morning is just as spectacular as you might imagine. Making our home might be even more fun than we had imagined. Our apartment is really feeling like home and we're enjoying it thoroughly. So far marriage is great, definitely not the easiest thing I've ever tried--don't be fooled--but the promise of God's heart for us and this union is peace in a heavy form.

I wanted to say thanks to all of you who shared in our wedding. It was fully what we hoped for and more. A weekend to celebrate you: our community, family, and friends (all titles apply); the grace and promises in Christ that got us here; and each other. beautiful.

And, here are some pictures from the honeymoon. Oregon is a refreshing and beautiful place.

3 comments:

erin said...

i'm reading a tree grows in brooklyn, too! i'm so glad to hear that you had an amazing honeymoon and wedding. the pictures that i've seen on facebook look beautiful.

Patrick said...

Elaine! Post your address!

Elaine Davis said...

m, ok.
2916A 10th Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35205